Everyone knows the folks over at Start2Finish Events put on the most incredibly well run events out there. If you live in the Midsouth, or even if you don’t, you NEED to come try out one of their races. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how smoothly the races are executed. I have personally raced all over the country, in many different events, disciplines, and distances, and Start2Finish is the creme de la creme when it comes to event management.
Without producing an infomercial for those guys, I will say there is one particular race weekend that I am excited for every year. Every year in May I book my hotel early, mark the date on all my athletes’ training schedules (whether they plan to do it or not), and make my plans to be in Tunica, MS for the Memphis in May Triathlon weekend. What makes it such a great weekend you ask? Here is my “short” list:
1. Incredibly well run event(s)
2. Opportunity to race as many as 3 times in a weekend (10k, Sprint, and Olympic Tri) – #SHORTCOURSEISNOTACRIME
3. Awesome venue (sleep feet from the transition area….in a nice hotel and not a tent)
4. Opportunity to win some money in the Amateur Challenge! (racing both tris)
5. Post race pool parties! (and the free beer ain’t bad either)
6. Stellar post race food (no bagels and bananas here!)
7. Awesome course for beginners (it is pancake flat)
8. Less intimidating swim (time trial start, and the lake is like 4 feet deep)
9. Pro field race on Sunday #jennyfletcher #enoughsaid
10. Venue is inside the Harrah’s Resort and Casino (for those that like to lose money)
11. Kid’s Quest (a giant indoor
petri dish playground) has discounted rates #cheaperthanflyinginyourmotherinlaw
12. Plenty of parking!
13. Plenty of Port-o-Johns for your pre race rituals
14. Happy and helpful volunteers (especially those at the water exchange)
15. Well stocked and (wo)manned aid stations
16. Plenty of J. Lee on the mic
17. Elvis somehow always ends up making an appearance
18. Live chip timing with results tent (see your place right away on the big screens!)
19. Now I am just filling space
Even though the race is this weekend, its not too late to register. 10k, Sprint, Olympic, Relay, whatever! Come hang out with us this weekend and you will see what I am talking about. Just watch out for the Paula Dean Buffet….
Leave Us A Comment!