June 13th, 2021 – Snot, Sweat, and Tears Time Trial
- You will need to pick up your number when you arrive – we’ll be parked at the very north end of Watkins right at the start and will be there by 2:30 pm. PLEASE DO NOT park at the end. We’ll want to keep that area as open as possible. More parking options detailed below.
- First rider off at 4:00.
- NO DRAFTING and stay right unless you’re passing another rider.
- Course is OPEN and no volunteer will be stopping traffic at the turnaround. If a car is coming, follow the rules of the road. And remember, losing a few seconds is much better than becoming a hood ornament.
Powered by BPC Performance Coaching and MHBC
Not sure what a time trial is?
Riders start at 30 second time intervals and complete the course as fast as possible. No drafting, no course cutting, just you against the clock. And yes, there will be snot, sweat, and the occasional tears shed when battling mind and body!
This is a low key event, great for beginners, with the goal to bring the Memphis endurance community together to challenge each other and have some (pain filled) fun doing it.
- Full Aero – All aero equipment allowed.
- Non-aero “Eddy Merckx” (No aerobars, time trial bikes, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed)
- 1st timer Full Aero – If you have never participated in a road racing event.
- 1st timer Eddy Merckx (No aerobars, time trial bikes, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed).
- “Fat Tire” Mountain Bike Division.
- Date: June 13th
- PRE REGISTRATION ONLY – CLICK HERE
- First rider off at 4:00 pm.
- Riders will go off at 30-second intervals.
- No drafting is allowed. This is you vs the course vs the wind vs the clock.
- Eddy Merckx Division – No aerobars, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed.
- Results will be posted online. Link will be available on this page the next day.
- We will follow whatever the updated COVID protocols on the date of the event
- Hightailers Member – $15
- Non-Hightailers Member – $25
- NOTE: You can become a Hightailers member for a $40 annual fee.
Online registration closes Friday, June 11th at 1:00 pm.
Time Trial Distance: 9.5 miles
Time Trial Route Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27337256
Local rider Hays Patrick has offered up his large plot of land for parking. Note: it is about 3 miles from the event start on lower traffic roads. A great way to get a good warm-up and cool down in.
Address to Parking – 7533 Independence Rd, Millington, TN, 38053 – We strongly encourage everyone to park and set up here. Please DO NOT park on the course.
Map for route from Parking to Event Start – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/22127429
Location of Event Start:
Riders start at the north end of Watkins, heading south, right near Shelby Forest. They will turn around at the midway point and return back on the opposite side of the road, heading north. All traffic laws apply! This is NOT A CLOSED COURSE. Keep your head up and only change lanes and complete the U-Turn when it is safe to do so.
Use this address for Google Maps – This is the address for the corner store gas station that is right across from the start line – 7534 N Watkins Rd, Millington, TN 38053
The goal for this event is for you to test yourself against yourself and the course. There are no awards that are being given, other than the high-fives that are free with completion!