Wait!? Online fitting? You read that right!
We’ve been working on it for a couple years and are proud to finally offer online bike fitting. We know not everyone lives in an area with an expert bike fitter. We also know driving hundreds of miles and killing an entire day to get a bike fit isn’t exactly ideal. Or maybe you are stuck at home during a global pandemic. We are excited to have a solution to all of those problems.
What took so long? Let’s just say we weren’t satisfied with the options that existed for remote analysis and relaying the adjustments that needed to be made up to this point. We have now put together our own fit system that allows us to dial in a fit that we are proud of over video and email.
Before you get all excited, let’s cover who the online fit process IS NOT really for. If you don’t own any tools, a trainer, and/or don’t know how to make adjustments on your own bike, the online fit process is likely NOT for you. Or if you still own a flip phone. We really need high quality video. In either case, you would be much better suited for an in-person fit.
But, if you can wield a wrench and love the convenience the web brings, then this could be a great option for you.
So how does it work?
It’s actually pretty simple, but let’s break it down into steps:
- Measure the distance between your front and rear skewers, as well as the width of your handlebars (to the outside edge) in millimeters. We will need this to calibrate our measuring tools.
- Click here and fill out this form
- Take close up pictures of the bottoms of your shoes so we can see cleat positioning. The entire shoe should be in the picture, but get as close as you can while keeping the shoes in focus.
- Film yourself on your bike riding at a threshold effort for 10 seconds in your normal riding position(s), at your sweet spot cadence. We ideally need a front, side, and rear video. Please check out this video for exactly how to set up your fit video. OPTIONAL: If you can get 3/4″ to 1″ contrasting stickers and place them on your body according to this guide, it will greatly increase the accuracy of the measuring tools.
- Send your videos to us via email, Drop Box, or Google Drive.
- Pay for your fit session by choosing ROAD BIKE or TT BIKE below:
- We analyze your video, and send you back a list of adjustments to make.
- Make the adjustments, film yourself again, rinse, repeat until we get you dialed in and riding more comfortably and with more power than before (up to 30 days of adjustments!)
Road Bike - $195
TT or Tri Bike - $215
Coached athletes receive a $30 discount