Book A FREE Consult With A BPC CoachIf you didn't have goals you wouldn't be here. Book a free 30 min consult with one of our expert triathlon, cycling, or running coaches and be on your way to smashing goals in no time.
Coaches on Couches – Ep. 1 – Avoiding a Heat Beat Down
In this first episode, Coach D and BFun talk about trends they are seeing from our athletes who train in extreme heat, and ways to minimize performance impacts.
1. Much higher HR for similar effort
2. Drops in power and pace by as much as 5-10%
3. General freaking out by athletes who think they are loosing fitness.
1. Preload electrolytes, not just water
2. Know your sweat sodium concentration and tailor bottles to that concentration
3. If sweat volume out is greater than fluid in, increase the sodium concentration of your bottles
4. Monitor your sweat losses
5. Pay close attention to post exercise rehydration
1. Take partially frozen bottles or any type of cold fluids
2. Use ice socks
3. Target the carotid and femoral arteries with your cold fluids
1. Do quality sessions indoors for the mental boost
2. Go off feel more than a specific target
3. Don’t get discouraged!