This week, coaches D and B-Fun talk about what it takes to withstand an Ironman triathlon. With all the excitement surrounding the possibility of #IMMEMPHIS, a lot of you may be thinking about doing your first iron distance triathlon. Or maybe it’s just been on your bucket list. Or maybe you just woke up today and said, yup, I’m gonna do that. In any case, we are here to help.
So with that, we talk about what it takes for an average Joe or Jane (with real responsibilities, possibly a kid or seven) to finish such a grueling event.
1. How much time it takes to prepare based on different triathlon experience levels
2. How much training you can expect to do each week (some minimums here to make sure you can cross the finish line and not waste your finish line photo)
3. What to expect on the longest weeks (some tips to make sure these happen)
4. The costs of doing an #ironmantri
5. Bonus tips for making it a great experience so you don’t sell your gear shortly after