Last year’s camp was a HUGE success so stay tuned for our 2015 camp date!
BPC’s Performance Skills Camp is designed with the following cyclists in mind:
• Experienced racers looking to hone their skills and upgrade to the next category (upgrade points available – see details below)
• New racers looking to improve their skills and race performances
• New cyclists interested in racing and/or improving overall riding ability
BPC’s Certified USAC Coaches will be there every step of the way to discuss each topic, demonstrate proper technique, and provide on the spot feedback and answers to all your riding and racing questions.
• Race specific handling skills and cornering techniques to improve confidence in a pack.
• Positioning and riding in close proximity.
• What to do if you get bumped, flat, or other mechanical issues.
• Eating and drinking on the bike safely, including when and what to eat and drink.
• Increasing awareness in the pack to avoid getting into trouble while improving efficiency and overall result.
• Pack riding skills, paceline, echelon, taking a wheel, and protecting your wheel.
• Sprint techniques, including positioning, form, and course specific run-ins to the finish.
• Improved climbing technique – both in and out of the saddle
Are you looking to upgrade race categories?
This camp has been approved through USA Cycling to award 3 upgrade points for those looking to go from category 5 to 4, or 4 to 3. Upgrade points are only awarded to those who hold an annual license.
Cost: Prereg – $75.00, Day of – $90.00
Location: Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park Disc Golf Course Parking Lot (click link for location)
• We will meet at the parking lot and then utilize the roads in and around Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park to work on skills. We will remain as one group unless otherwise directed.
Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Check-in Starts at 7:30 am – just find the BPC Van)
What to Bring:
• Annual USAC License or 1 Day USAC License
• Bike in good working order
• Helmet (Mandatory)
• Proper riding apparel
• Food and fluids (the General Store is nearby if needed)
• Flat kit
• Under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian sign waiver
Have any questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll be happy to answer them for you!