LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 ATHLETES!
DATE: Session 1: June 27-30, 2017 (TSSAA Dead Period)
TIME: 8am-11am each day
PLACE: Christian Brothers High School Track
AGES: 3rd-8th Grade (Groups will be split if applicable)
COST: $120 per athlete
FOCUS: This camp will spend the bulk of it’s time focusing on several different aspects of running performance. Areas of concentration will include, but are not limited to:
- Active Dynamic Warm Up Techniques for Optimal Performance
- Proper Running Mechanics
- Neuromuscular Coordination
- Increasing Leg Turnover and Optimizing Stride Length
- Decreasing Ground Contact Time
- Pacing and Other Race Skills
- Up Hill and Down Hill running
- Running Specific Strength Training for Optimal Performance and Injury Prevention
WHAT TO BRING: We will have some fluids and snacks each day, but athletes should prepare for warmer weather by bringing plenty of fluids and any foods they need for the 4 hour session. Other useful items include:
- Extra socks and other clothing
- Any medications or life saving devices*
- Signed waiver/release form on 1st day***
*Athletes are responsible for bringing and administering any and all medications. Please let your coaches know if you have any medical issues prior to starting the day.
**We encourage all athletes to have a substantial breakfast before coming to camp.
***No athlete will be allowed to participate without a signed waiver on file.
****BPC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL A DAY OF CAMP DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER IF IT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE ATHLETES AND THERE IS NO INDOOR FACILITY TO UTILIZE. THIS INCLUDES EXCESSIVE HEAT.
**You will need to register each athlete separately. Please make sure you register your athlete and not yourself. You only need to book for the first day of camp and not all 4 days.**
**LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 ATHLETES**